This week’s newsletter is dedicated to 1642 Yuzu. What is yuzu? How to mix it well into a cocktail or a mocktail. You will know everything about yuzu! Don’t forget, if you haven’t already voted for 1642 Tonic, public choice Aliments du Québec.
Have a good day,
Mélanie, Alexandra, Quentin and Bastien
Yuzu is a Japanese citrus fruit, it is a hybrid of wild mandarin and lemon. The fruit is harvested either green for its zest and flavor, or at yellow maturity, as a short-day citrus fruit, for its zest and juice. The fruit is moderately juicy, not very dense when ripe, and contains large seeds. The taste of the juice is fruity and the fragrance of its essential oil is typical.
Did you know that a Yuzu production exists in Quebec? The O’Citrus company produces it in Laval, mainly for restaurants.
1642 Yuzu is as unique as it looks. It features subtle yet surprising citrus and basil blends with a perfectly balanced tangy, sweet and refreshing taste. With its aromas of yuzu and grapefruit, it is a treat for the palate and will give you a smile every time.
Here are several recipes to easily discover 1642 Yuzu. The 1642 team particularly likes the version of the Paloma cocktail with Yuzu!
Paloma cocktail recipe with 1642 Yuzu:
- 45 ml (1 1/2 oz.)
- Tequila 90 ml (3 oz.)
- Pink grapefruit juice 60 ml (2 oz.)
- 1642 Yuzu
- Ice cubes
- Salt flower
- Zest and wedge of pink grapefruit
- Make the Paloma cocktail recipe directly by the glass.
- Frost half an old-fashioned glass with fleur de sel, then fill with ice cubes.
- Pour the tequila and then the grapefruit juice into your container.
- Stir with a bar spoon and add the 1642 Yuzu.
- Decorate your glass by adding a zest and a quarter of grapefruit in it.